Submission of the online application at
Official degree certificates and transcripts
- For all undergraduate and graduate degree programs
- Only original or notarized copies will be accepted.
Two letters of recommendation on the prescribed form in sealed envelopes
※ Only this form will be acceptable for two letters of recommendation.
- Only for GIST graduates who apply for Ph. D. program to the same academic advisor, the recommendation letters can be replaced with ‘Confirmation Certificate for Ph. D. Applicant’
An official English proficiency test score report
- Minimum scores: 80(TOEFL iBT), 6.5(Academic IELTS), 750(TOEIC), 600(TEPS), 327(NEW TEPS).
- Tests must be taken within two years before the deadline date.
- Only original copies will be accepted.
- For IELTS only, photocopies will be accepted.
- Our institution code for ETS is 0144.
A copy of the applicant’s passport
A letter of recommendation for Matriculation fee waiver
- A letter of recommendation for the Matriculation Fee waiver must be issued by chair of your last home institute or department on the prescribed form in a sealed envelope.
A certificate of English language proficiency issued from the applicant’s last home institution
- For Conditional Admission only
- A certificate stating that English is the language of instruction will be accepted
A completed set of application materials should be sent to
- GIST do not accept the documents via e-mail. Please send the documents by post.
- Section of Student Services, 2nd floor Administration Building, GIST 123 Cheomdangwagi-ro, Bukgu, Gwangju, 61005 Republic of Korea
- Mail: email@example.com
- Tel: +82-62-715-2054